The Elite RIO Gold has a taper design that gives incredible loop stability at distance and a front taper that delivers perfect presentation of flies between sizes #2 and #22. With a long head and back taper this line is an excellent all around fly line on rivers and lakes when long casts and complete line control are required.
This line is built with RIO's low-stretch ConnectCore Plus, resulting in exceptionally smooth, durable fly lines, with the added benefits of incredible levels of sensitivity when casting and fishing, and providing enhanced detection of takes, faster hook sets, and far greater control when playing a fish.
Low-stretch ConnectCore Plus provides a radical increase in line durability, coating smoothness and overall performance. ConnectCore Plus stretches 30% less than standard cores, and gives anglers all the benefits of a low-stretch core—enhanced sensitivity, less wasted energy and faster hook set with a significantly longer lifespan. It also allows hand stretching to easily remove memory coils for a more direct connection to fish and fly. The highest performing, longest-lasting freshwater lines in the world are built around ConnectCore Plus.
In addition, this line is built with SlickCast, RIO's proprietary coating technology, creating the slickest, most durable fly lines on the market. Lab tests show that lines built with SlickCast have the least amount of friction ever measured in a fly line.
The slick coating also allows anglers to fish more effectively as line slides out of the guides with less friction for extended drag-free drifts. Additionally, SlickCast continuously releases essential slickening agents that migrate to the line’s surface. This ensures that the line remains as slick as the day it was made giving anglers many years of high performance and easy distance. As for durability, SlickCast’s proprietary formulation produces the toughest and most durable fly line coating in the world. Lab tests show that a line built with SlickCast lasts 140% longer in abrasion testing and lasts 33% longer when testing a fly line for cracking, that is one tough fly line.
- MaxFloat Tip Technology floats more than twice as high as regular line tips, without any increase in diameter. That puts maximum floatation right where you need it for reduced drag, longer presentations and quieter pickups.
- Long head for ultimate casting control
- Taper design to cast flies between #22 and #2
- Front & back welded loops are neat, bulletproof and welded on the end for fast rigging
- Low-stretch ConnectCore Plus for the best in casting control, performance and smoothness
- Built with RIO's exceptionally slick, durable SlickCast
- Features RIO's SureFire tricolored measuring system for increased accuracy and distance control
- Easy ID is RIO's printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line