Sage Sonic Fly Rod
Sage Sonic Fly Rod
- Covers A Variety Of Applications
- Premium Blank And Componentry
- More Accuracy And Lighter Weight
- Konnetic Technology
- Juniper blank color
- Charcoal primary thread wraps with Gunmetal trim wraps
- Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
3wt to 6wt
- Super Plus snub-nose half-wells cork handle
- Hardwood insert with anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
6wt to 8wt
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt
- Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum reel seat in Matte Slate
- Integrated “hidden” reel seat hook keeper
- Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Green model tag
- Matte Black powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallio
We tested the 10ft #7 version of this rod in a recent rod test. Find out the results and what we thought HERE
I was pleased to see Game 🐠 had this rod in stock, Game 🐠🐟 are very pleasant on the phone and customer service is very good.
All though I have not been able to use my rod on the water yet because of the pandemic,I have been on the common were I live and tried a few casts.I have found that it is a very satisfying,easy casting rod and would recommend this rod for its power,tight loops, and accuracy in landing the fly were you want and with such ease of casting. After all it was a very windy day. Brilliant.
Gamefish were second to none in delivery and help with my order
Really pleased with my choice and really pleased with Game fish fast and efficient service.
I purchased this rod untested so took a bit of a chance but had a long chaat through with a member of the Gamefish team before committing. The action is fairly middle to tip and generally I fish softer rods. This one took a couple of hours of fishing before I could consistently find the right stroke. Once I did, it was possible to sense the rod load and it projected line beautifully. I used a 'Sunray' Stuart Crofts 4 weight line. The action is smooth across the stated ideal range of 15' - 50' (It may be my lack of casting skills but I would say the sweet spot was in the 10' - 40' range!). The build quality and styling are great too. Good value in comparison to some other top end rods in the £900 bracket. I christened the rod on its first day out; top catch a trout just under 4lb which the Sonic handled effortlessly. The service from Gamefish was helpful, candid in discussing the rods suitability, knowledgeable and excellent. I would say this might not be a beginners rod unless you have a good casting instructor - but for intermediate or more advanced anglers who can tailor their casting style to get the most performance from the rod it is something of a classic in styling and performance.